Obv: View of church, ST. BOTOLPH BOTOLPH LANE above, JACOBS in exergue. Rev: : A cypher P S Co in center beaded circle, DEDICATED TO COLLECTORS OF MEDALS & COINS around. Edge: Plain.
Uncirculated and flashy red. Light spotting.
Known as St. George Botolph Lane, this church was originally built around the time of Henry II. Destroyed in 1666 by the Great Fire, it was rebuilt using stones from St. Paul’s Cathedral, but then fell into disrepair to where it was too dangerous to remain standing. It was torn down in 1905, and today only the churchyard gates remain.