Obv: View of church, ST. MAGNUS LONDON BRIDGE 1676 around. Rev: A cypher P S Co in center beaded circle, DEDICATED TO COLLECTORS OF MEDALS & COINS around. Edge: Plain.
Uncirculated. Red & brown. Choice.
St. Magnus was founded around 1067. Being located only 300 yards from the bakehouse of Thomas Farriner in Pudding Lane, it was one of the first buildings destroyed by the Great Fire of 1666. The structure was rebuilt by Christopher Wren and is one of his most expensive churches. Charles Dickens even gives it a brief mention in his book ‘Oliver Twist’.