Obv: View of church, ST. BOTOLPH ALDERSGATE BUILT 1734 around, JACOBS below. Rev: A cypher P S Co in center beaded circle, DEDICATED TO COLLECTORS OF MEDALS & COINS around. Edge: Plain.
Uncirculated. Red & brown. Obverse has center bulging in flan as well as large die crack along left rim.
Probably built sometime in the 14th century, this church only had minor damage due to the Great Fire of 1666, but was later rebuilt by Nathaniel Wright in 1788-91. Still standing today, it’s churchyard forms part of the Postman’s Park, which contains plaques commemorating Londoners who have died heroically.