Obv: View of church, ST. JAMES’S GARLICK HITH around, B.T.1683. (in exergue). Rev: A cypher P S CO in center beaded circle, DEDICATED TO COLLECTORS OF MEDALS & COINS around. Edge: COVENTRY TOKEN.
Uncirculated. Choice and proof-like. Highly lustrous. Ex. F.W. Lincoln, Ex. Bruder. Very Rare (RR).
Garlic Hill was named after a garlic market held there. The old church was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1666 and rebuilt by Christopher Wren in 1682