Obv: View of church, ALHALLOWS THAMES ST. (above), BT. 1683 in exergue. Rev: A cypher P S Co in center beaded circle, DEDICATED TO COLLECTORS OF MEDALS & COINS around. Edge: Plain.
Uncirculated and bronzed. Tiny rim spot on obverse.
The original Allhallows church was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1666. The new structure shown on this medalet was designed by Christopher Wren. It was one of only two Wren churches to have a ‘rood screen’. This feature, along with much of the churches furnishings, are now in other churches, as this structure no longer stands.