Obv: View of church, ST. MARY’S CHAPEL ERECTED around, 1774 in exergue. Rev: Shield of arms, P KEMPSON MAKER OF BUTTON MEDALS & C BIRMINGHAM in three curved lines. Edge: Plain.
Uncirculated. Bronzed proof. Error coin with obverse double-strike. Die crack on reverse.
One of the newer churches at the time, built in 1774. It was closed in 1925 and later demolished to make room for the expansion of Birmingham General Hospital.