Obv: View of hospital, GENERAL HOSPITAL above, ERECTED 1779. (in exergue). Rev: Shield of Arms, P. KEMPSON MAKER OF BUTTONS MEDALS & C BIRMINGHAM in three curved lines. Edge: Plain.
Uncirculated. Some light spotting on obverse rim, otherwise choice. Rare in brass.
This hospital, founded by John Ash, had among its founding committee members, one Matthew Boulton of the Soho Mint. The hospital was later moved to Steelhouse lane and there is now a blue plaque commemorating the original building, torn down in 1897.